The Cook Home tuberculosis pavilion in Duluth, Minnesota.
Source: Minnesota Reflections, digital archive
Copyright © Minnesota's Tuberculosis Sanatoriums. All rights reserved.
The Cook Home was constructed at the Duluth Poor Farm in 1909 to take care of the consumptive residents of St. Louis County. The Home was located at approximately 2501 Rice Lake Road. It operated at no charge to residents of the county, and it had a capacity of 40 beds when built. In 1921, all patients were moved to the Nopeming Sanatorium south of Duluth. The building was put to other uses until it was demolished in 1983. The site now has a health and rehabilitation center.
Sources: The photo that accompanies this article appears on the Minnesota Reflections website and is from the University of Minnesota Duluth's Kathryn A. Martin Library, Northeast Minnesota Collections.